Family and Small Business Advising
Running a business is demanding of both your time and personal energy. Sometimes we can get so carried away with the day to day running of our business that we do not plan the future of it. This is where PSL can help.
Securing the future of the business
Regardless of your business’ size the key to longevity is planning. Succession planning is vital if the business is to thrive and of course what happens when one of the main shareholders dies or loses capacity? If the stakeholders in the business have not planned for such events they can stop a business in its tracks. Shareholdings may be passed accidentally to people who have no stake in the business or the business could grind to a halt because the main bank signatory has lost capacity.
How can we help?
Talk to us about:
- Wills – to make sure shares are directed to the correct person
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – to make sure that someone is in place to make business decisions
- Share cross option agreements & key man insurance
- Family succession planning
- Developing business policies e.g.: shareholder policy, dividend policy
- Shareholders assembly and family assembly
- Setting up a Family Trust
Caroline Wilden at PSL had 16 years' experience working in retail, leisure and manufacturing before making the move to become a lawyer. A qualified barrister, now practising as a solicitor Caroline also obtained a distinction in the STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising.
If you would like to discuss this further without obligation please contact Caroline on 01564 758055